|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s – 2000s – 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2005 2006 2007 – 2008 – 2009 2010 2011|
A list of numismatic events that occurred in 2008.
- January 1: The Maltese lira is replaced by the euro.
- January 1: The Venezuelan bolívar fuerte is introduced.
- August 1: The Somali shilling becomes the least valued currency unit.
- September 22: The third Zimbabwean dollar becomes the least valued currency unit.
- December 31: The Slovak koruna is withdrawn.
- The third Zimbabwean dollar is introduced.
- The Moonlight Mint is established.